Valid as at 12th February 2018
We adopt industry appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data.
All countries in the European Economic Area are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal information and data, it is not always the case outside that area. We may transfer data outside that area where we expect that appropriate organisational and technical measures are implemented.
We encourage individuals to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection and / or use of personal information and / or data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and subscribing to our website services, email notifications and / or newsletters
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including (but not limited to) your IP address, browser type, referral source and page views
- any other information that you choose to send to us
To make this website work properly, it may place small data files called cookies on your device. Most modern websites do this too.
Our cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and is not used for many other purposes than those described here. As well as our own cookies, this website may also place cookies provided / used by third-parties (see examples below).
If you do not want to allow these cookies please stop using this website immediately and refer to the instructions of your browser and file management software to locate the files or directories that store cookies on your device, so that you can delete them.
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device. Some browsers can give you the ability to avoid storing cookies on your device by using their incognito / private browsing options; it’s your responsibility to follow the browser providers relevant instructions.
Some third-party cookies are set by external services that appear on and / or use our website data. They are set by the relevant operators of those services and are not in our control.
They include those cookies set by:
- Google Analytics - for evaluating your use of our website and compiling reports about this website.
- Social Media Providers – for the ability of users to share content about and on this website.
- Selected Service Providers – for the promotion of additional goods and services.
- Security, Management, Maintenance and Content Providers - to help maintain / enhance the data, security and performance of the website
Some cookie generated information may be transmitted to, used and stored by, servers and services that are not located in the United Kingdom or the EEA.
Our advertisers and payment services providers may also send you cookies.
3 USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- provide you with goods and services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business and the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users; this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5 INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
6 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, so we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password, except when you log-in to the website
7 POLICY AMENDMENTS
8 YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of the statutory fee and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
9 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10 UPDATING INFORMATION
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
11 DATA CONTROLLER
The Compliance Officer
Make Your Will Today Limited
Our data protection registration number is Z2307010.
If you do not accept all of this you should stop using our services immediately.